Generate a random fake name, address, username, password, and (usable) email address for use with online message boards, social media, or whatever else.
What can I use the Fake Name Generator identities for?
Thousands of individuals, companies, and government organizations have found useful and creative things to do with the Fake Name Generator. Here are a few examples:
- Quality test data can be hard to come by, especially with laws (such as HIPAA) preventing use of real data.
- Many websites, such message boards, are poorly designed, making it difficult for visitors from foreign countries to sign up for accounts. Using fake information, you can easily fill out the sign up forms and log in to the site.
- Use fake information when filling out forms to avoid giving out personal information.
- Generate a false identity to use as your pseudonym on the internet. This allows you to keep your real life and your internet life separate.
- Get ideas for names to use for characters in a book or story.
- Generated credit cards can be used to test basic client-/server-side validation techniques without accidently processing a real card.
- Generated national identity numbers can be used to test basic client-/server-side validation techniques without risking disclosure of real information.
fakena.me lets you save the random profile generated for 30 days so you can bookmark it and return. After 30 days, the profile is deleted. The idea is that, to improve online privacy, you should change your username and email address frequently so sites don’t build a history of your activities. Of course, this is only a small part of the things that you can do to improve online privacy, but it’s a good start
Oh, and accordingly to their website, they do no track the users.Follow @bytearrays